Saturday, November 22, 2014

Kentucky loves green bean casserole

I received a press release at work yesterday which said Kentucky is number one when it comes to loving the green bean casserole.

This press release came from the Del Monte company and included the basic green bean casserole recipe and several variations.

Green bean casserole was never a part of my family's Thanksgiving meal until my sister in law began to bring it a few years ago.

I like her version, but I had never really been a fan of the ones I'd tried before.

We usually eat homegrown beans at Thanksgiving, boiled down and seasoned with pork fat and salt, just like any other time of the year.

They taste so much better than those from a can.

Sorry Del Monte.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...