Sunday, November 30, 2014

NaBloPoMo complete


The last day of Nablopomo is here.  Over the course of the month, I’ve written some pretty boring posts- stuff nobody really cares about-I’m sure, but I have completed the exercise.
I’ve applied some stick-to-it-iveness, which can’t be a bad thing. 
There hasn't been a lot of time to devote to this project, but a year from now, or two, I’ll have this rather sketchy record to remind me of what was going on in our lives. 
My recently downloaded Timehop app has convinced me of the value of that.  
Because of Timehop, I am reminded that three years ago today I finally got to hold Clay for the first time.  He was 36 days old. 
Reminders and being thankful usually go hand and hand.  It's good to consider all the good gifts in our lives.  
Anyway, I’m thankful for the gift of November, and the last few days of the month that have warmed up considerably and made it more comfortable to decorate the porches for Christmas.  
I'm glad to get to spend a little time in the fresh air before a hectic holiday season begins. 
I’ll wrap up the blog posting series with this quote from Jimmy Carter that kind of bridges my weekend and the Christmas season approaching. 
“It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature’s gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever.”

Here are some of those joys and beauties:  







No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...