Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Trying Tuesday: Production days are killer, so I'll be lazy now if I wanna

I'm trying really hard not to feel sorry for myself, because I had to sit at the computer all day long with barely a minute to glance up and notice that the sun was shining, and it was positively balmy outside for November.
Now the rain and the cold front and the dark have arrived, and it's supposed to feel like winter for the next week.
There are so many worse things that could happen, so I won't waste any more time feeling pitiful.
I figure I may as well go ahead and embrace hibernation mode enthusiastically.
Since I got home from putting the paper to bed, I took a short walk before the raindrops started to fall.
I warmed leftover homemade vegetable beef soup and I created myself an open-faced bbq pork on a hoecake sandwich (garnished with shredded cheese, green onions, and fresh greens).
I shoulda taken a picture of that thing.  It was purty.
Then I made myself a cup of vanilla chai and grabbed a chocolate chip cookie before hitting the couch.
How's that for comfort food? Is it any wonder I'm getting fat?
Now I've got my favorite fleecy cheetah print pajamas on, and I'm reclining on comfy cushions while browsing the internet.
Talk about comfort...or would laziness be a better word?
I refuse to feel guilty, though.  I've earned a break, and I'll do something productive tomorrow.
Mebe.

Does this picture inspire hibernation, or what?  It inspires me to curl up with a good book.



No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...