Friday, November 6, 2015

Last night I attended a local art show in town where participants displayed their work and talked about it.
The stories behind the art are part of what makes it interesting.
There's such a vulnerability in sharing anything we've created, whether it's visual art, music or writing.
I'm glad the director of the program was warm and encouraging. It would be so easy to stifle the spirit with careless words.
One crafter in attendance spoke of the way the wholesale production of her art zaps her creativity even though it pays the bills.
I can relate. I went to school to earn a degree in creative writing, yet I'm now a reporter, gathering facts, and relaying information.
Constant newspaper deadlines can cause cause my creative well to run dry.   Being with like-minded individuals fans the flames though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...