Sunday, November 1, 2015

Newly November

"The meaning of life is to give life meaning."


I've been making an effort to think of the beginning of each month as a new start much like I do at the beginning of each New Year.  I like to take a little time to get motivated to be better and accomplish things, as well as to pause and look back.

Maybe I'm a bit weird in that marking time is so important to me.

Essentially, though, that's what I do as a newspaper editor.  I look ahead, plan ahead, and I look back. I also look around.  I observe.  I snap photos.  I take notes.

My whole life revolves around recording things.

So here I go again, only on a more personal note.

These long dark evenings are a good time to think and reflect and plan and dream.

They are a good time to find meaning and create meaning in a world gone drab for a season.

But only for a season, because spring will be here before you know it!




1 comment:

  1. I think that's a good way to begin each new month. I decided to do NaBlo this year because I had gotten away from blogging. It used to be something I really looked forward to. Hopefully this month will get me back in the habit.

    ReplyDelete

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...